TH-AB Logo

International Office - Lobby

Welcome to the International Office

Are you interested in a study semester abroad? We will be happy to advise you on our Erasmus partner universities. We offer double degree programs with some of our partners. However, stays abroad are also possible at other universities as "freemovers". An internship abroad is also a very good way to gain experience in an international context.
For all types of stays abroad, there are funding opportunities that offer financial support.

You would like to come to Aschaffenburg from abroad for one or two semesters or even just for a short-term program? Then you will find information about application and our course offerings on our pages for exchange students. If you would like to come to Aschaffenburg from abroad to complete your studies, you will find all the important information here.

For our foreign students we offer extensive support in a buddy program.

How to go abroad


You are a student of the TH Aschaffenburg and want to integrate a stay abroad into your studies?

Then this 3-phase plan will help you, because your stay abroad is divided into three phases.


1. Which type of stay abroad is suitable for me?

2. How do I finance my stay abroad?

3. To which partner universities of the TH Aschaffenburg can I go? Overview as world map or as table (

4. Where can I get more information about the partner universities? Take a look at our International Career Brochure.

5. How do I benefit from others' experiences abroad?


6. How do I plan my own way through the jungle of partner universities?

  • Now look for the conversation via Zoom with Ms. Arnold (WR) and Ms. Albert (IW). To schedule an appointment, fill out the digital support form (
  • Quick and minor questions are also available via the TawkTo chat at the bottom right of the lobby.
  • Take advantage of incoming students' experiences through the buddy program:
  • Need a language test?
  • Plan your modules for the Certificate of Intercultural Competence (IKK):

7. How can I have ECTS from the partner university recognized by us?


8. Carry out your study abroad program:

  • Keep in touch with your International Office (e.g., via Instagram or Facebook
  • Support us with a presentation for the next International Day (see Experience Room) and get one module recognized for the IKK certificate.

9. Get your achievements abroad recognized through the study office.

  • To do this, you will need your Transcript of Records (ToR) from the partner university and the preliminary recognition form (VAB).
  • Fill out the application for recognition at and submit it to the study office together with the above mentioned documents.

10. Pick up your Certificate of Intercultural Competence at the International Office or have it sent to you.

Presentations of our partners




Download area for prerecognition forms and learning agreements
Testimonials from our outgoing students
To the partner organizations of the TH Aschaffenburg
International Career Broschüre 2022
Download (13 MB)
To the partner universities of the TH Aschaffenburg



International Office der TH Aschaffenburg
Würzburger Str. 45
63743 Aschaffenburg

Phone 06021-4206-714